Austrian toll by Ariscard
Toll-payment in Austria is applied to vehicles with maximum permissible weight over 3,5 tons.
The system is based on DSRC microwave technology - dedicated short-range communication. Payment is made via the on-board device by means of fund debiting while passing under the DSRC equipped gates installed on highways. Additional control is carried out by the traffic police using specially equipped vehicles.
Toll rate amount depends on the number of axles, ecological "Euro" class of the engine, and distance driven.
Toll network operator:
1. On-board unit GO-BOX. Needs preliminary registration.
2. Logpay Card – pre-payment (topping up the OBU)/connecting the device to post-pay mode
3. Telepass DM03 OBU - interoperable device through France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Liefkenshoek tunnel (Belgium), A4 higway Krakow-Katowice (Poland), and Austria
4. NEW! Telepass SAT OBU – interoperable device in more than 12 countries including France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Liefkenshoek tunnel (Belgium), A4 higway Krakow-Katowice (Poland), Austria, Belgium, Scandinavia, Germany, Hungary*, and Switzerland** (* - coming soon)
5. Via the German Toll-Collect OBU in the unified system TOLL2GO.
post-pay / pre-pay
Toll network map: